So version 2, what's changed, lots of obvious detail, the fabric has been updated, a double zipper on the top pocket are great improvements. However why upgrade? Number one, the wire frame has gone! Its replaced with a single sheet of closed cell foam. The whole pack has been stripped down of weight, the compression straps have gone and so the ice axe carrying system has been reconfigured. There are two heavy duty Velcro loops for the axe shafts and as well as traditional loops for the axe head there are also the popular metal bar style for leashless tools. The base has been reinforced and padded out to protect contents and add a bit of structure when the bags open. The mark 2 really feels like an alpine sack now, so far, in my opinion, its perfection.
- Asymmetrical spindrift collar opens wide for easy packing; drawcord simultaneously cinches collar and closes lid for a secure seal
- Minimalist hip belt and low-profile sternum strap
- Daisy chains on front and side panels provide lashing options; zippered pocket on lid offers easy access to small items
- Available in two sizes: S/M and L/XL
- 5.5-oz 210-denier Cordura® 86% nylon/14% polyester with a polyurethane coating
- 700 g (1 lb 8.7 oz)